Would someone be willing to expound a bit on author/publisher Anita
Jacobsen and/or Jacobsen's Biographical Index of American Artists or direct
me to a review of the set? I have not been able to find reviews of the
index, although I noticed  a number of libraries (about 17 according to
OCLC) have purchased the four volume set ($450) and that it has been
nominated to receive the Wittenborn Award sponsored by ARLIS (according to
a recent advertisement sent out by A. Jacobsen.
My basic questions are...is the set appropriate for most art/art history
library collections? how much of the set is a compilation of other
well-known biographical dictionaries, is it comparable to any other
American biographical dictionary  to date, and who is the publisher???

Thanks for any insights...
Mo

Mo Dawley
Art and Drama Librarian