The ARLIS/ Ohio Valley group met last Friday, Oct. 3, 2003 at the Cincinnati
Museum of Art -- we had a good attendance of 29 people !

The agenda included a demonstration of OCLC's CONTENTdm --
http://contentdm.com/
 which can be used in a variety of ways, such as digitizing special
collections documents, slides, photographs, newsletters, etc. -- it catalogs
the item with information and metadata as well as an option to create
presentations by using its "Add to My Favorites  View My Favorites" when
viewing an image -- items can also be directly ordered from that institution

refer to the Cleveland State University Library's Cleveland Memory website
that has a collection of architecture slides by historian, Clay Herrick at
http://www.clevelandmemory.org/herrick/   browse the images and  "Add to My
Favorites"  after selecting several images, then "View My Favorites"   and
you have an automatic presentation of images you could use for a
presentation for download onto a cd or zip disc

The members also discussed how CONTENTdm could possibly be used to create a
national Artists' File that many institutions have tucked away in a file
cabinet -- this idea will be referred to the national committe looking into
this at present

Another discussion related to lobbying for ARTstor through the OhioLINK
consortia -- this discussion stemmed from the Kodak announcement pertaining
to discontinuing the manufacture of slide equipment as of June 2004

We also heard a presentation by Dr. Dietrich from Miami U of Ohio about
contemporary Islamic women artists -- and the day concluded  with a great
tour of the new Cincinnati Contemporary Arts Museum --

Pam Eyerdam, Chair of Ohio Valley and Head of Reference, Art Librarian at
Cleveland State University