        The 4-volume Jacobsen's Biographical Index of American Artists is a wonderful set and a definite must have for any art library.  While there is some cross-over with other biographical dictionaries, this remains one of the most extensive studies of American artists ever compiled, with listings for over 97,500 different artists, providing information concerning the earliest recorded artists to contemporary artists working today.  You'll find:

Artist Names, Dates, and Country of Origin (if not born in the US)
Birth & Death Dates
Education
Mediums
Professional Showings & Achievements
Addresses on record
Auction records if available

        It was self published by AJ Publications.       As a primary distributor for the publication, we are currently offering a special discount of $55 off the list price.  The means that until November 30, 2003, you may purchase the 4-volume set for $395 plus $20 shipping.

        If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Wishes,

Jodie L. Benson
Gordon's Art Reference
306 W. Coronado Road