My thanks to ARLIS and Laura Schwartz for their review of "works +
conversations." A small correction: the magazine has been coming out at
nine-month intervals, not three times a year as was first intended. As
funding appears, we will be able to publish more often and also include
more voices.

Each interview, with very few exceptions, runs a hour and a half to two
hours-six thousand to ten thousand words. This alone makes these interviews
a rarity. Judy Pfaff describes our interview with her as her favorite, and
uses it extensively.

Among upcoming interviews, featured will be Ann Hatch, founder of the Capp
St. project in San Francisco and co-founder, with Robert Mondavi, of the
Oxbow School in Napa, the renowned New York sculptor Ursula von Rydingsvard
and Los Angeles-based Enrique Martinez Celaya, rapidly establishing himself
as a major artist.

Past interviews include James Turrell, Jim Campbell, Squeak Carnwath,
Richard Berger, Mildred Howard, Marcia Donahue, Viola Frey, Paolo Soleri,
Terrence Galvin, Katherine Sherwood, James Hubbell, Tom Leddy and others.

Our current issue-#7-features interviews with Los Angeles artists Michael
C. McMillen, Carl Cheng and the late James Doolin.

For additional information, you can visit our web site at
www.conversations.org

Richard Whittaker, editor
works + conversations
P.O. Box 5008