Dear ARLIS-L,

     Abby Goodrum and I are on the faculty at Syracuse University's School
of Information Studies. We are engaged in a project designed to build
collaborative, digital museum and library reference services. The project
team is currently developing and evaluating processes that enable museums
and libraries to work together in providing reference assistance over the
web to support patrons' image information needs.

     We would like to invite members of your listserv to participate, and
wonder if you would be kind enough to post this message inviting listserv
members to answer a survey to collect baseline data about visual resource
librarians and museums digital reference practices.

     If you agree, please post to your listserv this message with the
following URL
(<http://64.4.14.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=9f68abc49b3d83fa199b28794a0e5717&lat=1065628558&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fquartz%2esyr%2eedu%2fdii>http://quartz.syr.edu/dii
and select "Survey"), and let me know accordingly.

     Please contact Carol Chau, doctoral student, at
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

Best regards, and many thanks,

Joanne Silverstein

Director of Research & Development, Information Institute of Syracuse
(iis.syr.edu)

Assistant Research Professor, School of Information Studies

Syracuse University

(315) 443-1363