Dear librarians interested in the NYCDDG,
I am posting the agenda for our next meeting.
Please RSVP (before Monday, Ocotber 6) to me and/or James Mitchell

New York Collection Development Discussion Group meeting
Friday, October 10, 2003, 4:00-5:30pm.
American Folk Art Museum, 45 W. 53 St., auditorium

Topics:

1.      Hard-to- find books

                William P. Kane, MLS Regional Sales Manager, Alibris Library Services, will be our guest speaker. He will present new Alibris features, and the floor will be open for general discussion and feedback.

2.      Buying materials from Europe and elsewhere outside the US, and/or smaller publications from galleries/exhibitions.

3.      FirstSearch: Elimination of the "Per search" option and its impact on small libraries.

4.      Consortial subscriptions to expensive electronic databases.

5.      Ephemera in art libraries.

6.      Planning for the future in regards to digitizing local slide collections.

Annamaria Poma-Swank, Ph.D.
Associate Museum Librarian
The Cloisters Library & Archives
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Fort Tryon Park
New York, NY 10040-1171
(212) 396-5367
fax: (212) 795-3640
Associate Visiting Professor, SILS, PRATT, NY, NY