This announcement is being sent to several lists. Please excuse any
duplication.
Susanne Warren

Museum Computer Network November 5 - 8
It is our pleasure to invite you to attend the 31st annual meeting of
the Museum Computer Network. MCN2003:  Balancing Museum Technology and
Transformation  takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada from November 5 through
the 8th.

Workshops, Sessions and More
Register online at www.mcn.edu to participate in four days of workshops,
sessions and free-form discussions delving into every aspect of cultural
heritage information management. Whether you re trying to develop an
Intellectual Property policy for your institution, learn about the
latest imaging technology from industry leaders, or explore the
possibilities of building integrated library/museum/archival systems,
this is the place to be. The MCN meeting is where museum technologists
go to get the information they need and build the bridges they want to
other professionals in the cultural heritage arena. Learn about the new
technologies available and then see them in our tightly-focused
Exhibition Hall.

Balancing Museum Technology and Transformation
As a challenging economic year for all, especially those of us in the
museum and cultural heritage sector draws to a close, we want you to
join us in looking ahead to a brighter future. In keeping with our theme
we ve asked our contributors to look at how the technology we re busy
implementing is changing the way we work, how our institutions are being
transformed by those technologies and how that transformation can be
managed. We re offering a program that is both diverse and comprehensive.
Go Off the Wall and Online, too
We know travel budgets are tight so we ve teamed up with the Northeast
Document Conservation Center (NEDCC) to offer something special: MCN
2003 is immediately preceded by the NEDCC s  Off the Wall and Online
workshop. If you re planning to attend the NEDCC workshop, you can get
MCN member rates for the MCN meeting.
Register Online
You can learn all about the program and more on the MCN website,
including information on sessions, presenters, workshops, travel and
lodging.
And for the first time, you can register for the MCN meeting online
using our secure form.
Don t delay   Early registration ends September 15th -- browse over to
www.mcn.edu and register today!