What:  ARLIS/New England Fall meeting
When:   Friday , October 17, 2003,  9:30- 3:30 or so
Where: Bowdoin College,  AND Pejebscot Historical Society/ Joshua
Chamberlain House, Brunswick, Maine

9:30 --  Welcome coffee

10:15 -- Tour of Pejebscot Historical Society, and the exhibition of art
and posters that depict Joshua Chamberlain,and of the separate Joshua
Chamberlain House   (Chamberlain was the Civil War Hero of the Battle of
Little Round Top, the president of Bowdoin College, and the Governor of
the State of Maine)

12:15 -- Lunch and business meeting, Moulton Union(menu is set, there
will be choices for vegetarians)

2:00 -- Tour of the Bowdoin College Museum of Art, and the new
exhibition entitled "The Disembodied Spirit" which has been curated by
Alison Ferris, who will give a talk on this long-planned exhibition.

3:30 -- For-the-road snack and tour of the Art Library, Visual Arts
Center(next to museum)

Directions to Bowdoin are available on the college's webpage, as are
maps of the campus. Please go to http://www.bowdoin.edu/visitors/. Here
you will also find lists of local accomodations, and I encourage you to
enjoy coastal Maine in October--it will still be beautiful, as our peak
foliage is later than the inland areas. Parking info will follow-we will
have temp. parking permits for attendees.

Please register ASAP..we need a head count for the coffee, the
Pejebscot, and lunch!! Hope to see you..even if you are not a New
England Chapter member, you are welcome to join us. REGISTER TODAY---
 don't put it off...

Name__________________________________________________

Please enclose a check for $20 made out to ARLIS/New England and send to :

Susan Myerson, ARLIS/NE treasurer
Harvard University Fine Arts Library
Fogg Museum
25 Prescott St
Cambridge,  MA  02138

email: [log in to unmask]

if you have questions contact [log in to unmask]