Dear ARLIS/NA members and friends:

The Southeast and Texas-Mexico Chapters are pleased to invite you to a
Regional Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, to be held from November
13th through November 16th, 2003.

While we stay at the Hampton Inn in the historic Garden District, we will
visit the Historic New Orleans Collection, take a tour of the Garden
District and several homes, visit fascinating research collections at
Tulane University, view a blockbuster exhibit of Egyptian art, visit the
newly opened Ogden Museum of Southern Art, and tour St. Louis cemetery #1
with a guide from the Save Our Cemeteries organization.  A special
highlight will be a New Orleans style dinner hosted by Carl Penny of Xavier
University at his home.

Conference sessions will focus on collection assessment and auction houses
and the auction process.

For the registration form and preliminary schedule information, visit the
ARLIS/SE website at www.arlis-se.org.

Conference attendees must make hotel reservations by October 11 to receive
the conference rate of $99 per night for a king, or $109 per night for 2
double beds or king with sofa bed.  The Hampton Inn is located on St.
Charles Avenue and may be reached at 504.899.9990.

Jon Evans, President of the Texas-Mexico Chapter, and I hope that many
ARLIS/NA members and friends will participate in this exciting regional event.

Sincerely,

Sarah E. McCleskey
Vice-President/President-Elect
ARLIS/SE Chapter