Responding to Ruth Thomas's query concerning the status of the Ellsworth
Kelly catalogues from Matthew Marks Gallery:

Both publications are indeed available, though not yet in stock at
Worldwide Books.

----------
ELLSWORTH KELLY: SELF PORTRAIT DRAWINGS, 1944-1992. Harry Cooper. Matthew
Marks Gallery, New York, 2003. Distributed by D.A.P./Distributed Art
Publishers, New York. 120 pp. with 53 col. ills. 23 x 17 cm. ISBN
1-880146-41-X In English. $30.00
Hardcover
Worldwide 802693 [bibliographic information supplied by D.A.P. but not yet
verified by Worldwide]

D.A.P. reports that they just received stock on this item and are now
filling backorders. Worldwide expects to have copies very soon.

----------
ELLSWORTH KELLY: MATRIX . Matthew Marks Gallery, New York, 2003. Benjamin
Buchloh. 90 pp. with 24 col. ills. 28 x 30 cm. ISBN 1-880146-40-1.
Hardcover (slipcased)
Matthew Marks Gallery list price: $49.95
[bibliographic information unverified]

Unlike many Matthew Marks Gallery publications, the recently published
Matrix catalogue will not be distributed by D.A.P./Distributed Art
Publishers. Worldwide's order with Matthew Marks Gallery has not yet been
filled, but they promise to send the title immediately. Since all of our
approval plan selections are made with book in hand, we do not yet know if
we will carry this title as part of our regular stock and offer it under
our approval plan program. However, we can accept orders for the title
whether we choose to list the catalogue or not. The title can also be
ordered directly through Matthew Marks Gallery's web site.

Kelly Fiske
Worldwide Books

----------

>Submitted-By:  Ruth Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:         Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:53:17 -0400
>Sender: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Ruth Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [ARLIS-L] Ellsworth Kelly exhibitions
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>We are trying to buy two exhibition catalogs.  We have an order with
>Worldwide.  A graduate student writing an EK dissertation is eager to
>have them.  But I see no records for them in Worldcat.  Has anyone
>succeeded in acquiring them and, if so, from whom?
>
>Ellsworth Kelly: Matrix, Matthew Marks Gallery, 523 West 24 Street and 522
>West 22nd Street, and Ellsworth Kelly: Self-Portrait Drawings 1944-1992 at
>Matthew Marks Gallery, 529 West 21 Street, through June 28, 212-243-0200
>
>Thanks, Ruth
>
>Ruth S. Thomas
>Archaeology, Art, Art History, Classics Bibliographer
>Mugar Memorial Library
>Boston University
>771 Commonwealth Ave.
>Boston, MA 02215