Hi Edith:
I think this is it?
Karen

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The material culture of sex, procreation, and marriage in
premodern Europe /
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:59:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

Database: WorldCat
Query: (kw: Beautiful and kw: Brides) and ((kw: Model and kw: Mothers))

The material culture of sex, procreation, and marriage in premodern
                   Europe /

                   Anne L McClanan;  Karen Rosoff Encarnación
                   2002 1st ed. English  Book xiv, 285 p. : ill. ; 22
                   cm. New York, N.Y. : Palgrave, ISBN: 0312240015

Availability:      Check the catalogs in your library. Libraries
                   worldwide that own item: 187 Connect to the catalog
at NCSU Libraries
Title:             The material culture of sex, procreation, and
                   marriage in premodern Europe /
Author(s):         McClanan, Anne L.,; 1966- ; Encarnación, Karen
                   Rosoff.
Publication:       New York, N.Y. : Palgrave,
                   Edition:           1st ed.
Year:              2002
Language:          English
Contents:          Representing women on Roman sarcophagi / Janet
                   Huskinson -- "Weapons to probe the womb" : the
material culture ofabortion and contraception in the early Byzantine
period / Anne L.
McClanan -- Myth and magic in early Byzantine marriage jewelry : the
persistence of pre-Christian traditions / Alicia Walker -- Spinning
yarns : clean linen and domestic values in late Medieval French culture
/ Veronica Sekules -- Insecure borders : symbols of clerical privilege
and gender ambiguity in the liturgy of churching / Paula M. Rider --
 Relics of a fertile heart : the "autopsy" of Clare of Montefalco /
 Katharine Park -- Beautiful brides and model mothers : the devotional
 and talismanic functions of early modern Marian reliefs / Geraldine A.
Johnson -- Renaissance household goddesses : fertility, politics, and
 the gendering of spectatorship / Adrian W.B. Randolph -- The moralized
breast in early modern Spain / Charlene Villaseñor Black -- The proper
 uses of desire : sex & procreation in Reformation anatomical fugitive
sheets / Karen Rosoff Encarnación -- The sodomite's clothes :
 gift-giving and sexual excess in early modern Germany and Switzerland /

 Helmut Puff.
Standard No:       ISBN:              0312240015; LCCN:
                   2001-34581
SUBJECT(S)
Descriptor:        Women -- History -- To 1500.
                   Women -- Europe -- History -- To 1500.
                   Marriage -- History -- To 1500.
                   Material culture -- Social aspects.
Geographic:        Europe -- Social conditions -- To 1492.
                   Europe -- History -- 476-1492.
Note(s):           Includes bibliographical references and index.
Class Descriptors:  LC: HQ1127; Dewey: 305.4/094
Responsibility:    edited by Anne L. McClanan and Karen Rosoff
                   Encarnación.
Document Type:     Book
Entry:             20010515
Update:            20020716
Accession No:      OCLC:              47002231
Database:          WorldCat

FirstSearch(r) Copyright (c) 1992-2003 OCLC as to electronic
                   presentation and platform.  All Rights Reserved.

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> One of our art history faculty is looking for an article that was not
> in a journal but an anthology. The way she remembers it, the primary
> focus of the anthology was history raher than art history. The article
> is by Geraldine Johnson and the  title is "Beautiful Brides and Model
> Mothers:  the Devotional and Talismanic Functions of Early Modern
> Marian Reliefs." We're suffering a major hacker attack right now and
> most of our databases are inaccessible right now. Prof has tried BHA
> already. Does this ring any bells with anyone?
>
> Edith L. Crowe
> Art & Humanities Librarian
> San Jose State University Library
> http://www.sjlibrary.org
> (408) 808-2037
>
> Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
> http://www.mythsoc.org

Karen DeWitt
Head, Design Library
North Carolina State University Libraries
Harrye B. Lyons Design Library
Campus Box 7701
Raleigh, NC  27695-7701

email: [log in to unmask]