Dear ARLIS/NA Members,

The ARLIS/NA Membership Committee took on several very important and
difficult tasks during these past few months since our Conference, not
the least of which was a very successful telephone and e-mail renewal
campaign which yielded more than 100 2003 renewals.  Co-Chairs Heather
Topcik and Leslie Preston are to be commended for their leadership to
date, although I am very disappointed to have to announce their
resignations from these positions effective immediately.

Between now and the New York Conference in April 2004, Membership
Committee members, Kathryn Corcoran and Adeane Bregman will be taking on
co-chairing this committee.  Both Adeane and Kathy have served on the
Membership Committee for several years, and are well-familiar with past
and recent projects and activities.  I feel confident that they will do
a fine job managing the work of the committee for the remainder of their
terms.

Again, on behalf of the Board and the Society, I thank Heather and
Leslie and the Membership Committee for jobs well done, and look forward
to working with Adeane and Kathy through the New York Conference!

Yours sincerely,

Allen

Allen K. Townsend, President, ARLIS/NA

Librarian

Amon Carter Museum

3501 Camp Bowie Blvd

Fort Worth, Texas 76107

Phone:  817 989 5073

Fax:  817 989 5079

All opinions are my own and not those of my employer