Hello everyone,

Thank you for your responses. I am currently creating a summary of them and
will be happy to distribute it to anyone interested. I have found out by your
ambiguity in the original note.

Just to make sure that I have not missed anyone, let me explain the Picture
File currently at Syracuse University Library. Images (objects, photos of the
famous, kitchen sinks, events, etc.) have been cut from magazines over the
years and pasted on a hard board. They are given a general subject term and
filed under this in stand-up folders. There are no sources or dates noted for
the images. These are used by the art students for projects - sometimes scanned
other times, xeroxed, etc.

They are not catalogued in our system, as I have heard some of your collections
are. If there is anyone out there with a similar type of image/picture
collection which has not responded, do please. I am anxious to hear how you
find it feasible to employ staff to do this kind of work or not and if you
still maintain it considering the wide range of electronic resouces available.

Thank you very much everyone. Sorry to go on about this - Harriet.

--
Harriet M. Sonne de Torrens
Head, Fine Art Department