From: Ellen Rohmiller [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 3:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Core periodicals

After my inquiry about the existence of a list of core periodicals for art
libraries, several of you expressed interest in knowing what I found out.
Well ... I had just one response, with advice on how to tailor your journal
collection to your own situation. So, there does not seem to be a list of
core periodicals.

I was previously in a field that had a list of journals recommended for even
the smallest library in that field. Maybe this is fertile ground for the art
library field? Are there any journals/periodicals that you would absolutely
not cut from your subscription list?

Ellen Rohmiller                    Phone: 937-223-5277 ext. 350
Chief Librarian                     Fax: 937-223-3140
Dayton Art Institute              [log in to unmask]
456 Belmonte Pk N
Dayton OH 45405-4700