I have a patron who wishes to sell a 1755 2nd edition of Palladio's The Four
Books of Architecture.
Another copy is listed on abebooks.com for US$4,000 with the following

THE FOUR BOOKS OF ARCHITECTURE: BY ANDREA PALLADIO. London: Isaac Ware, 1738
(2nd edition 1755).
Folio. Contemporary full-calf. 4 engraved title pages, (x), 110, (2) pages,
195 plates. Second edition, first state. [Harris, 692;
Park, 86; Schimmelman, 144.] First published in 1738, Ware's Palladio is
considered the
best English edition and most accurate edition of Palladio ever published.
The second
edition's first issue (this copy,) has an undated title page and no mention
of being a
later edition. The only change from the first edition is the omission of the
subscribers'
pages. Ware's Palladio was popular in early America. There were copies in
the
Redwood, New York, Charleston, and Library Company of Philadelphia
collections. It
was also advertised for sale in Williamsburg, Boston, New York, and
Philadelphianewspapers.
Plate IX in the fourth book is supplied in facsimile.

If anyone is interested in making an offer, please contact me directly and I
will pass on the information.

thank you,

Jill Patrick
Director of Library Services