Dear art librarians,
I'm looking for feedback on how other smallish libraries of art museums
handle their auction catalogs.
We have hundreds of auction catalogs going back to the 1940s.  Since I've
been here (one year), I have not seen them being used, although occasionally
the curatorial staff will look at some from the last 5 years or so.  Since
they are rarely used and take up a great deal of space, I'm just wondering
what the pros and cons of keeping them are.
I believe I fairly recently saw a posting from someone about auction
catalogs, so I apologize if this is something that's already been discussed.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Sincerely,

Michele Turner
Librarian