From: Mary Ellen Davis [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 3:36 PM
To: ACRL Leads
Subject: [ACRLEADS:2624] ACRL in Toronto

I have been getting a lot of calls and e-mails with questions about the
status of the ALA Conference in Toronto. Let me assure you that the ALA
Board and staff are monitoring the situation daily. It is the ALA Board
that has responsibility for making a decision about the conference. If
there is any change in the plans for the conference I will immediately
post it to this list.

There has been a lot of traffic on the listservs wondering about how
many sessions are canceling so I wanted to share with you this list of
ACRL meetings and programs that have  officially canceled.

I realize that additional changes could be coming but thought that you
would be interested in having the information I have to date.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Mary Ellen

16 of 336 meetings and programs canceled (for all of ACRL) (This
includes 3 of 22 programs canceled.)
 -  C&RL Ed Board
 - New Publications Board meeting and program
 - STS College Science Librarians Discussion Group
 - Publications in Librarianship
 - Ethics Committee conference program (still holding meeting)
 - AFAS conference program
 - AFAS Cataloging Issues Discussion Group
 - AFAS Executive Committee
 - ARTS Dance Librarians Discussion Group
 - ARTS General Membership & Executive Committee
 - ARTS Performing Arts Librarians Discussion Group
 - EBSS Distinguished EBSS Librarian Award
 - EBSS Historical Textbook & Curriculum Collections
 - WSS Leadership Orientation
 - AASL/ACRL Info Lit Task Force
--ACRL 2004 President's Program Planning Committee

Mary Ellen K. Davis
Executive Director
Association of College & Research Libraries
ACRL/ALA
50 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611
voice: 312-280-3248
fax: 312-280-2520