    Hello ADSL division members. In preparation for the next Update column, I would like to get some feedback from you on the subject of auction catalogs. Paul Glassman had suggested this as a possible topic, and I think it would be interesting to see how our different institutions handle them or whether you collect them at all. In general, art and design school libraries wouldn't be using these catalogs for their primary purpose of sales information or connoisseurship, yet they do offer a lot of useful information. I would like to hear from as many folks as possible for comparison of information. Below are some questions you might keep in mind when responding:

Do you keep auction catalogs in your collection?

If you do, do you fully catalog and integrate them into your monograph collection so that they're shelved in appropriate subject area; or, do you give them limited cataloging and perhaps treat them differently (ie. shelved by gallery/auction house and year)? Does the collection circulate?

Approximately how large is your collection?

Do you find that your students use the collection?

Other iinformation, or aspects of an auction catalog collection you care to comment on?

It would be great if you could respond directly to me by June 1st. Thanks very much, in advance, for your input.

Ellie