Dear Amy:

When your posting appeared on ARLIS-L last month, I emailed the person who is in charge of the ADA program at LACMA and she must have been out of town because she just now got back to me with the following:

There are two publications
that may be of interest.

1.  Everyone's Welcome.  The Americans with Disabilities Act and Museums,
Prepared for the American Association of Museums, Washington, DC.
(
www.aam-us.org)

2.The Smithsonian Guidelines for Accessible Exhibition Design.
202-786-2942.

These publications directly address the placement of art, the wall text,
etc.  I'm sure if you contact these places directly they can help you.

Hope this is help.

Joan Benedetti

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]