Elizabeth,
this is what I do:
I use Access 97, but pretty sure you can do it with more recent versions) and
use Word's Mail Merge (under Tools) to set up labels. I don't know how obtuse
this next part will be: I have it set up so I make two labels per slide (I
like a lot of info available on the slide itself). So I have a "Top" page in
Word and a "bottom" page, and the labels are designed dividing info between
them. I have a whole step-by-step explanation if you want it.

The labels I use are from Gaylord Brothers: ML8025FG. There are 80 per page
and are foil-backed. I DO have to trim the bottom 1/32nd off each label, which
I do with a paper cutter (just eyeball it). Then they fit perfectly. No nasty
label edges hanging off the slide, getting caught, etc.

Let me know if you want more info on any of this. I'm sending this to the list
in case anyone else wants help.

Rachel Dobson

Slide Curator
205.348.1893