Before I launch into a comparative analysis of online fine art auction price
databases (cost, access, quality of information) I thought I'd see if anyone
else has done this recently.  I recall a discussion a couple of years ago,
and artnet was the best at that time, but I suspect things have changed,
just from quick checks.   The ones I'm aware of are: artnet, artprice, and
AskArt.

We definitely would like to subscribe to one and I'd be grateful for any
input on the experiences any of you have had recently with any  of them.

Heather Brodhead, Librarian
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
Fearing Library
Tel:  805.884.6451    Fax:   805.966.6840