Hi Rebecca.

Interesting question. Just a cursory search of the internet demonstrates that there are many different models or representations of arts librarianship when you look at how the various subjects (art, architecture, film, design, theater, dance, music, etc.) are combined in institutional settings.

I collect and provide instruction in Theater / Dance, and Art, Music, and Media Arts.
I'm an ARLIS member, with primarily a music background, but I've been an "interdisciplinary" librarian in spirit for most of my career.  I oversee an Art and Music branch library, but I have been asked to take on expanded collection and instruction responsibilities for Theater/Dance/Media in the past few years for the main library.

Here are some related associations:

Theater Library Association: Listserve
http://tla.library.unt.edu/listserv.html

ACRL Arts Section:
http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/arts/
Dance Section (with Discussion Group) http://listserv.indiana.edu/archives/dldg-l.html
Also a Performing Arts Section, Film Section

Also:

UCLA has an Arts Library, which includes Theater and Art/Architection/Design/Film/Television
http://www.library.ucla.edu/libraries/arts/collections/collect.htm

UC Santa Barbara has an Arts Library, covering art and music
http://www.library.ucsb.edu/depts/arts/

I'm sure you'll get input on many others.

Best regards,

Margaret D. Ericson
Librarian
Bixler Art and Music Library