I am assisting a professor in our history department to help locate a set of six post cards from the 1930s of Adolf Hitler delivering a speech.  The set is well documented in books and unusual in that they were taken in a studio.  Hitler stands in front of a curtain and is in a dark business-suit, not his usual brown NSDP uniform.

Subsequent publications of these photos have not printed the messages underneath the photos.  We are looking for are the phrases underneath each image, and perhaps better study images of them.

Searches in RLG (including cultural materials), OCLC, Google, Google Image Search and various other archives have not turned up holding locations.

If any ARLIS member knows of a set which could be examined, I and the faculty would be grateful.  Perhaps a Holocaust collection or WW II archive.

Thanks for any assistance.

Lee Sorensen

Art Librarian

Duke University Libraries

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]