Van: Hannah Bennett [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Verzonden: dinsdag 1 april 2003 17:52
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: [ARLIS-L] Van Eyck Database

Hello List!

While at ARLIS, I learned from the IDC representative that the image
database, Van Eyck, has gone under.  Her brief explanation was that
the Van Eyck Foundation could not compete with other image databases
like Amico.  I was quite surprised to hear this considering how only
a few months ago I was receiving promotional information and spoke
with the Van Eyck org.'s representative at the last Museum and the
Web conference.

Has anyone else heard anything more about this?  I am just curious to
learn more about happened.  Thanks.

Hannah
--
Hannah Bennett, Reference Librarian