Folks,

This may seem a somewhat bizarre question but it's very real.
We used to have available to us oversize envelopes (12"x16"x3") with a
string tie (so they could be used over and over) for interdepartmental mail.
They were great for mailing oversize books or periodicals like El Croquis,
Blueprint, Metropolis, from one library branch to another. No need to
scrounge around for boxes especially if you just needed to send an item or
two.
Now we've been told these envelopes are no longer available for purchase,
anywhere in North America. Call me a sceptic, but I find this difficult to
believe.

Does anyone use similar envelopes and know a vendor/supplier for them?
Please reply to me off the list.
Thanks for you time.

Michele Laing
Architecture & Fine Arts Librarian