Dear friends and colleagues,

Benefit from the Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism's 60 years of experience by viewing a free sample issue: <http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/toc.asp?ref=0021-8529&promoid=jaac1>

The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism
Published on behalf of the American Society for Aesthetics
Edited by Susan L. Feagin

Established in 1942 by the American Society for Aesthetics, The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism <http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8529> publishes current research articles, symposia, special issues, and timely book reviews in aesthetics and the arts. The term aesthetics is understood to include all studies of the arts and related types of experience from a philosophic, scientific, or other theoretical standpoint. The arts are taken to include the traditional forms, such as music, literature, landscape architecture, dance, painting, sculpture, and other visual arts, as well as more recent additions, such as photography, film, earthworks, performance and conceptual art, the crafts and decorative arts, contemporary digital innovations, and other cultural practices, including work and activities in the field of popular culture.

The Journal takes a theoretical and interdisciplinary approach to the arts and aesthetic matters. The Journal and the American Society for Aesthetics also sponsor the biannual John Fisher Memorial Prize in Aesthetics in honor of John Fisher, Editor of the Journal from 1973-1988. The Prize is offered to foster the development of new voices and talent in the field of aesthetics.

Sample Contents:

Why Philosophy of Art Cannot Handle Kissing, Touching, and Crying
Nicholas Wolterstorff
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/issue.asp?ref=0021-8529&vid=61&iid=1&oc=&s>=

Cinematic Art
Berys Gaut
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/issue.asp?ref=0021-8529&vid=60&iid=4&oc=&s>=

Scientific Knowledge and the Aesthetic Appreciation of Nature
Patricia Matthews
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/issue.asp?ref=0021-8529&vid=60&iid=1&oc=&s>=

Dreams in Place
Ian Hacking
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/issue.asp?ref=0021-8529&vid=59&iid=3&oc=&s>=

Expressiveness and Expression in Music and Poetry
Robert Stecker
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/issue.asp?ref=0021-8529&vid=59&iid=1&oc=&s>=

Art and History
Donald Brook
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/issue.asp?ref=0021-8529&vid=60&iid=4&oc=&s>=

Art, Morality, and the Holocaust: The Aesthetic Riddle of Benigni's Life Is Beautiful
Casey Haskins
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/issue.asp?ref=0021-8529&vid=59&iid=4&oc=&s>=

Complimentary sample issues: >>
If you are interested in The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism and would like to view a free sample issue of the journal, stop by the site:
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/toc.asp?ref=0021-8529&promoid=jaac1>

To order a subscription:
Interested in a subscription to The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism?

Institutions can sign up securely on our website at: <http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0021-8529> or call Blackwell Publishing at 1-800-835-6770 (toll-free in North America), +1 (781) 388-8200 (U.S. office), or +44 1865 778315 (UK office).

Does your library subscribe to The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism? If not, please recommend it today by forwarding this message to your librarian.  Your institution's subscription also includes free online access for all members of the institution.

***************************************************>

> Also Available from Blackwell Publishing:

JournalsPPsyP>

The Art Book
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1368-6267>

Archaeometry
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0003-813X

Art History
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0141-6790>

The Journal of American Culture
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1542-7331>

The Journal of Popular Culture
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-3840>

Thanks for your time,
Thu Yen Mac
Blackwell, Boston, MA - Oxford, UK
www.blackwellpublishing.com <http://www.blackwellpublishing.com>

> Please feel free to forward this email to other colleagues who would find this > interesting.

Free E-Alerting

To receive information by email about Blackwell Publishing's forthcoming books and journal issues, please sign up for our free e-alerting service (an option that enables you to choose which publications you wish to be updated about and how often you wish to be updated) at: <http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/ealerts/>

> Subscribe: If you would like to sign-up for additional discipline > areas or > you are new to Blackwell's Email Alert Please respond to this message > with > your name, email address and areas of interest.

>> Unsubscribe: We received your name from a previous book/journal sample > request.  If you would rather not receive messages from Blackwell > Publishers > offering you free course examinations, sample copies and special > offers > please respond to this email with the word unsubscribe.

NOTICE  This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone
who is not the original intended recipient.  If you have received this
e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox
or any other storage mechanism.  Blackwell Publishing Inc. cannot
accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's
own and not expressly made on behalf of Blackwell Publishing or one
of their agents.