Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

Linda Duychak has passed the College Art Association Liaison torch on to
me.  She has done a wonderful job keeping us informed about CAA
activities, publications and general goings-on, and I hope to meet her
high standard of information dissemination!

CAA members will have received the "Call for Participation" for the 92nd
Annual Conference in Seattle, February 18-21, 2004.  Only CAA members
can speak on a panel, though guests may attend the conference.  The
"Call for Participation" outlines the panel topics which were accepted
for the 2004 conference, and solicits papers for the panels.

I would like to encourage you to read over the panel topics.  Several of
them may be of interest to ARLIS/NA - CAA members, whether they are
wearing their librarian hat or not.  For instance, "Designing for
Security: Our New Urban Environment" which asks speakers to "explore how
artists, arts administrators and other professionals in the art world
can affect the ways in which security concerns shape our physical
environment" (p.3) "Necro-Techno: Examples from an Archeology of Media"
which concerns obsolete technologies (p.7) or "The Period-Room Debate
and the Making of America's Public Art Museums" (p.9) may be enlivened
by a library perspective.

If you care to present a paper at CAA, you must submit your paper
proposal to the session chairs by May 12, 2003.  All you need do is
polish up your 1-2 page double-spaced abstract, and send it along with
the proposal form included in the brochure, a letter of interest, a CV,
and a stamped, self-addressed postcard to the session chairs.  Once
again, THE DEADLINE IS MAY 12, 2003.

I am happy to note that there has been a proposal to develop an
affiliated society panel for the Seattle conference.  I'll be sending
more information on that session soon.

If you have any questions about the 2004 CAA conference, or CAA in
general, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address below.

All best,
Cate Cooney
ARLIS/NA-CAA Liaison

--