From: Jack Robertson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 8:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] News for "Info Pros"

Dear All,
here are some extracts from Special Library Association's  latest email
newletter. cheers,

-- jack

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
Jack Robertson.  Foundation Librarian.  Jefferson Library Thomas Jefferson
Foundation P.O. Box 316.  Charlottesville, VA  22902 434-984-7545  ||
434-984-7546 fax [log in to unmask]  ||  www.monticello.org/library

SLA.COMmunicate.  Vol. III   Issue 4   April 2, 2003

 Info Pros Ready to Put their Knowledge to Work in New York
<http://www.sla.org/content/memberservice/communication/pr/pressrelease/2308
.cfm>
New York will be the stage for the Special Libraries Association (SLA) 94th
Annual Conference,  June 7 - 12, 2003. The unified conference theme of
"Putting Knowledge to Work" focuses on the critical role of information
professionals exploring and employing knowledge for strategic
decision-making in the global information arena, creating an environment for
networking, communication, learning and other developmental opportunities
for information professionals

Calendar of Events   <http://www.sla.org/calendar/>
Click here for the latest on SLA events and activities.

2004  ARLIS/NA Call for Papers http://www.arlisna.org/proposals.html
The conference planning committee for the 2004 ARLIS/NA conference, which
will be held at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York, NY, March 31-April 6, 2004,
invites all interested persons to submit a program proposal. Although the
New York Conference does not have an official theme, ARLIS is seeking
proposals in the following areas:  1) New York as a diverse and
international city and 2) issues based programming that will be of interest
to the spectrum of groups of art information professionals who are members
of ARLIS/NA. The guidelines for submission and the program proposal form are
provided at the link above. The submission deadline is May 5, 2003.