Hi,

 I am organizing a session of maybe one, maybe two other individuals who would like to present with me at the 2004 conference.  My presentation is on the Temporal Quality of the Art of Burning Man {please see: Modern Painters, Spring 2003 article by Geoff Dyer "A Great Space." or view the URL http://mitpress2.mit.edu/cgi-bin/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=burning+man&sp=sp  This is from the Leonardo Online Art & Science Journal.

I have attended this event since 1997 and will be interviewing artists and taking slides of their works at this coming Burning Man 2003 in August. It is an annual week long event in Northwest Nevada at Black Rock Desert; not really a desert but the dry bottom of an ancient Pleistocene lake bed, and is unto itself an ever-expanding canvas for the creation of really large art installations. So, I am looking someone interested in presenting with me who may have an idea covering a topic such as:

Community or Communal Art Creation
Art in Public Spaces or Environmental Art
Fringe or Outsider Art
Burning Man as an Environment for Art

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] if you are intrigued by doing something different.

Thanks!
Lauren Christos

Lauren Christos
Reference Librarian