dear ruth-

what happened at the museums of iraq is unquestionably horrific, but must we sink
to such silly partisan remarks such as this? is there an arlis/na policy on
cutting down on one-sided and inflammatory remarks? can we not be constructive
rather not lower ourselves to the level of iraq's former minister of information?

i really believe there are righteous americans on both sides of the political
spectrum... besides, just as disney was a great great artist, imo, so is bush a
great great president.. you have the right to your views, but surely your
opposition has the right to its views..

but since you started this, and for what it's worth, shouldn't we stick to the
artifacts and what we can do from here about the situation without inserting
political agendae at every occasion (you can vote next time around as far as
that's concerned)....  bullets were flying... 18 year old american boys and girls
were putting their lives at risk to tear down the bloody walls of tyranny and
oppression... i don't think they had museums on their minds.. yes, i think we
should have had been a better plan to protect the museums but it's too late
now... let us look ahead and see what we can do from here, no?

sincerely and very concerned,

don spicehandler
systems librarian
school of visual arts, nyc
* the views expressed herein are mine and not necessarily those of my employer*