Dear all,
Thank you to those who sent information about folio shelving.
Below are summaries:
You can buy cantilevered shelving
that hangs on the same uprights as regular shelves--size I believe is c.
3'x 17 in. deep (add the inch between sections for nominal depth of !8
in). Another solution I chose is cantilevered 3 ft. x 11 in. shelving (12
in. nominal) on BOTH sides of the section which allows you to shelve
THROUGH the section--inexpensive, flexible, and it works.

And:
Spacesaver makes extra-deep shelving that hangs on the frame without
anything blocking the back of the shelf. (The shelf brackets attach to the
frame below the shelves.) We order the deepest we need and for double-folio
materials we simply shelve them through both sides of the
range, using the equivalent of two shelves for a single large volume.

I think that the two responses are referring to the same manufacturer,
which makes the choices fewer but perhaps simpler.

Thank you all.
Ann Whiteside

Ann Whiteside
Director, Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library
Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library
University of Virginia
434-924-6601
FAX: 434-982-2678