I have an email reference question asking about a much beloved reproduction
called, "Little Burden" published by Museum Print Editions. The work is
described as depicting a young woman holding a child on her back, perhaps in
a wrap. Both figures have red hair and they are standing in a field with the
wind blowing her dark grey dress. In the distance two other figures are
kneeling on the ground, perhaps seeding. The woman is barefooted and the
child has dark shoes and long stockings.

I thought it might be by Millet but, having looked through books in our
collection, can't find an image by him matching the description. I've also
checked our reproduction indexes, catalogs from poster/reproduction
publishers like NYGS, and tried various online image searches using the
title and subject.

Does anyone recognize the image? Can you supply an artist's name? Any idea
what happened to the Museum Print Editions company? Any assistance would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Susan Craig
Art & Architecture Librarian
Univ. of Kansas