(Posted to MUSEUM-L & ARLIS - apologies for any duplication)

Dear Collective Wisdom,

All of the recent discussion about Iraq's cultural treasures has gotten me
back to thinking of my undergrad "senior paper," in which I wrote about
the problems facing the art world in and after the Nazi/WWII era. One of
the things that stumped me was tracking down a copy of the so-called
"Kummel Report," which was a lengthy, secret document listing all pieces
of art that were supposedly of "Germanic origin," and which thereby needed
repatriation to the homeland. It was written in 1940 by Otto Kummel.

I went through all the usual sources and still could not find a copy.
Yesterday, inspired by listserv flurries, I checked the notes in Hector
Feliciano's book, "The Lost Museum," and it said that there are very few
copies available to the public. One of them is apparently in the Watson
at the Met.

Does anyone know of any other source(s) where this document is
reproduced, ideally translated into English? Or, perhaps, other ideas of
where to search? I have long wanted to see the report for myself, as I am
very interested in who and what is on it.

Many thanks,

Alita Pierson
MLIS Student
University of Washington