Hi all,

I am not posting this message to put a stop to anything.  I do not believe that it is my job to censor comments.  As a matter of fact I have enjoyed the lively discussion and like seeing people who have opinions and are willing to voice them.  Let's just remember not to ignore the other questions people are posing on art librarianship topics; I don't want those people to get lost in the shuffle while they have patrons waiting for answers.

Also, I have never really mentioned this before, but in light of what is going on with the list, this is a perfect opportunity.  Please remember that articles in the Washington Post, the NYT, other newspapers, magazines, etc. are copyrighted materials.  Posting those articles in entirety to the list is a violation of copyright.  The list is distributed to a couple thousand people, which is like making that many photocopies of the article.  Send a link, send a (short) summary, but don't send the whole article.  It also keeps people happier: the emails are shorter, some subscribers are using Yahoo, hotmail, or other web based accounts that don't like really long emails, and those who don't want to read it don't have to look at the link.

Consider that your tip of the month for the past two months, since I haven't been doing them lately.  :)

I appreciate the comments from individuals concerned about the list, and from those thanking me for not censoring the list.  Enjoy your free speech rights and stay focused on the art and cultural heritage aspects for the good of the list.

Happy Spring everyone!
Kerri Scannell
ARLIS-L Moderator

Kerri A. Scannell
Fine Arts Librarian, Technical Services
Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0224
(859) 257-4630
"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
--Muriel Strode
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org//membership.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]