Being a typical Sagittarian, I'm taking the larger view.......... I cannot
see art libraries, universities,  museums or antiquities or in fact
anything at all divorced from politics personally; politics seems to me to
 actually be the entity that decides our funding and our future! To stifle
and rigidly compartmentalise debate segmenting it  apart from politics and
the whole of society, is to trivialise and mock the concept of debate, and
  is to actually deny we live in a democracy. I might not agree with all
the comments ( humorous, serious ,considered,  off the cuff, emotional,
partisan, bipartisan, nonpartisan, whatever) of colleagues on listervs,
but my goodness, I totally defend their rights to express their opinions.
Therefore I've  found all these comments to be stimulating and informative
about my fellow human beings and their perspectives, and the fact that
they differ, even more so. The fact people here obviously look to this
listserv as a community forum about art/culture and their institutions,
seems to me to represent a  very healthy democratic outlet of ideas, and a
healthy listerv! It would be a dull world if we all agreed, and by reading
all your opinions it helps me to further refine or change my own ideas.
Viva la debate! And thank you... we need to keep  communication open in
these difficult times!

I think it is fantastic that I can have a window into ordinary people's
lives in other parts of the planet on email, it's brilliant!

Opinion above is mine and mine alone, not this university's!( Thank
goodness!)

,.-:*'``'*:-. ,.-:*'``'*:-. ,.-:*'``'*:-.
Keeping you informed.
JenniferBrasher
Image Librarian: Art Image Database & Web Development
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT & ACCESS SERVICES: ARTS TEAM
Queensland College of Art Library
Griffith University Library: Information Services
PO Box 3370, 226 Grey Street, South Bank, 4101, Australia
Ph. (07)387 53131, Fax (07)3875 1333,
Email: [log in to unmask]
Chair: Qld Chapter : ARLIS/ANZ
Art Libraries Society Australia and New Zealand
Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do.
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential or
privileged. If you receive this email and are not the addressee(s) please
disregard the contents of this email, delete the email and notify the
author immediately.

Ruth Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]>
16/04/03 12:02 PM
Please respond to Ruth Thomas