Excuse duplicate posting (and I know this only adds to the traffic noise)

Every list to which I subscribe (national, international, New Zealand, American, British, German and covering art librarianship, music librarianship, public librarianship, education, Internet use...) has got into precisely the same three-step tangle:

*       Outrage at destruction in Iraq
*       Outrage from someone else at off-topic postings/copyright/political partiality/style/something/anything
*       Descent into name-calling and abuse

An unedifying demonstration of the universal truth that reasonable behaviour is an early casualty of inflamed passions.

Which is precisely how this all began...

Tim Jones
Librarian
Christchurch Art Gallery~Te Puna O Waiwhetu
PO Box 2626
Christchurch
New Zealand
Telephone (+64 3) 941 7394
Fax          (+64 3) 941 7301
Email        [log in to unmask]
Web         http://www.christchurchartgallery.org.nz/

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch
City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz