From: Jennifer Beals [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 4:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] politics

As an art librarian, former museum librarian and a (thinking human being
who does not live in a vacuum), I am interested in the future of all
libraries and museums.  I do appreciate the forwarding of articles which
I can then read, forward to faculty, print or delete if I choose.
Certainly if people have concrete suggestions or factual information
(includng phone numbers, websites, organizations, meetings etc.), that
too is helpful. The point of a list serve (as I understand it) is to
help each other stay informed in an increasingly confusing and at times
overwhelming environment.

I was simply suggesting a greater emphasis on facts, and less on emotions
and personal opinions.

Lest I be called a hypocrite, I will keep future opinions to myself.

--
Jennifer Benedetto Beals
Art & Architecture Librarian