Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the Committee formerly known as the Diversity Committee,
we would like to thank the members of ARLIS/NA who made the recent
Diversity Forum in Baltimore a success.  The meeting room was full of
concerned members who offered constructive criticism as well as
dynamic suggestions for improving the diversity of our organization.
A few of those suggestions include:

-Assessing the efforts of other similar organizations, such as ALA or
SLA in promoting diversity
-Establishing a liaison to ALA to specifically target Diversity initiatives
-Re-establishing the ARLIS Diversity Committee as a standing
committee with direct contact to the current president
-Support for Allen's Diversity Task Force initiatives for the coming year

and much more.....

I believe that Allen Townsend now has the mandate he needs to create
the new Task Force and inaugurate a fresh approach to diversifying
ARLIS. Let's wish us all luck in promoting diversity in the Society
for the upcoming year.

Thank you Allen et al.

Lucie Stylianopoulos
Marilyn Russell
former Co-chairs of the Diversity Committee

--
Lucie Wall Stylianopoulos
Collections/User Ed Coordinator

tele. 434-924-6604      [log in to unmask]