[Please pardon any duplication of this message.]

The Simeon Solomon Research Archive (http://www.fau.edu/solomon) has been
updated.  For those unfamiliar with Solomon, he was a Jewish Victorian
artist (1840-1905) who was a colleague of Rossetti, Burne-Jones, Swinburne,
and others.  His had a largely successful artistic career in the 1860s,
including exhibiting regularly at the Royal Academy and the Dudley Gallery,
but his arrest in 1873 for homosexual offences ended his public career.

One of the most popular requests I get about this web site has been the
addition of new images, and so I have done this on a brand new page.  I
have added 20 new digital images; this now brings the total number of
digital images to 35.  Many of these new images will show works of art by
Solomon that largely have been unseen by the public until now.  Those who
provided me with these images are given credit for their contribution and
permission.  Links to images provided by others, such as those at the
Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery, are on the page as well.  The previous
pages on Solomon's art have been removed because it included information
difficult to keep up-to-date, but those pages with images have been
consolidated into the new page just described.

I also have updated the biographical timeline with new and corrected
information.  The bibliography of secondary sources, while still available
online, will no longer be updated regularly, but may appear in an enhanced
version in the future.

The SSRA may be viewed on the Internet at http://www.fau.edu/solomon.  As
always, if you come across any new information about Solomon and his works,
please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Roberto C. Ferrari
Florida Atlantic University