Dear arlis/na members

This week I received my appointment letter as ARLIS/NA's Special
Liaison to the Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL)
for the coming year.  So I thought I would send you an update about
our affiliated society.

AASL held their annual conference in Louisville, KY from March 13-16,
in conjunction with the Association of Collegiate Schools of
Architecture (ACSA).  By all accounts the Louisville conference was a
big success.  ARLIS/NA members that were presenters at the conference
include: Martin Aurand, Jeanne Brown, Elizabeth Byrne, Judy
Connorton, Margaret Culbertson, and Barabara Opar.  In addition,
ARLIS/NA member Gail Gilbert hosted a tour of the Margaret M.
Bridwell Art Library at the University of Louisville.

Next year's conference will be held in Miami, FL.  (Dates yet to be
announced, but usually in mid-March.).

New AASL Officers for 2003/04 are:

President: Barbara Opar, Syracuse University
Vice-President/President-Elect: Sarah McCleskey, Clemson University
Past-President: Jacqueline Tygart, Drury University
Secretary/Treasurer: Margaret Culbertson, University of Houston
Webmaster: Jim Robertson, New Jersey Institute of Technology
Archivist: Kathey Brackney, Georgia Institute of Technology

The AASL web site at:
http://www.library.njit.edu/archlib/aasl/index.cfm includes
information about subscribing to their listserv, a directory of
members, a "Core list of periodical titles for a first-degree-program
in architecture," and more.

AASL was founded in 1979 and is a "related organization" to ACSA.

Best wishes,

Janine Henri

--
Head Librarian