Hello all,

I would like your help in determining whether to keep some books in our collection.  I am in the process of weeding my public library art collection and came across some books that do not circulate (so the library wants them weeded).

Are these titles important to a public library art collection?  I did check the titles in Guide to the Literature of Art History by Etta Arntzen nd Robert Rainwater, c. 1980.
Several are from exhibitions:

Bell, Clive.  Landmarks in Nineteenth Century Painting.  Books for Libraries Press, Inc: New York, 1967.

Cortissoz, Royal.  American Artists.  Books for Libraries Press, Inc.: New York, 1970.

Flying Tigers: Painting and Sculpture in New York 1939-1946.  Bell Gallery, Brown University: Rhode Island, 1985.

James Thrall Soby Collection of works of art pledged or given to The Museum of Modern Art.  Museum of Modern Art: New York, 1961.

Steichen, Edward, ed.   The Family of Man.  Museum of Modern Art: New York, 1955.

Also, do any public libraries (or other art libraries) maintain a collection of New York Graphic Society Fine Art Reproductions catalogs?

Thanks in advance,

Elise Willa Pincu
Broward County Library
A Service of the Broward County Board Of County Commissioners
100 South Andrews Avenue
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33301
(954) 357-7433; Fax (954)357-7411
e-mail: [log in to unmask]