ARLIS membership:

An item returned to our library has become separated from its envelope.  Unfortunately, the envelope held all the descriptive information about the object.  We are left with an artists-book-like object with no identification on it.  I am hoping that someone on the list serve will recognize this and be able to identify it for me.

The book in an accordion fold 6 x 8” object with printed photos on every page, both sides.  The front and back cover are simply black squares (see picture 1).   The few words appearing in some of the photos are French, except for “Loves Labour’s Lost” in photographs facing one fold-out.

I have scanned three sets of pages and put them on a temporary web page.  If anyone recognizes this or has leads, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.  The url is:

http://www.lib.duke.edu/lilly/artsearch/mystery-book.htm

Thanks to all,

Lee Sorensen

Lilly Library