Hi ARLIS-folks--
I'm forwarding below a message from Robert Baron
directing us to a VERY informative website for
all three CAA presentations on intellectual
property issues.
http://www.studiolo.org/IP/2003NYTM/index.htm

I personally call your attention to one handout
I obtained there.  It is a chart-format summary
of when works pass into the public domain.
http://www.unc.edu/~unclng/public-d.htm

But all of Robert's site warrants close examination.
It's an impressive compilation.
--Linda Duychak
ARLIS/NA-CAA reporter from the field
P.S. to Robert: Thanks for the heads-up on the URL.

Linda Duychak:

This year the NINCH Copyright Town Meeting served as one part of a series of sessions dealing with publishing issues. It was immediately preceded by an image rights workshop that (as was the Town Meeting) co-sponsored by the CAA Committee on Intellectual Property.

The web-page we constructed for the three sessions actually contains more information and resources than the one posted on the NINCH site. We have managed to post some of the papers presented, with more expected. I direct you to the following URL: http://www.studiolo.org/IP/2003NYTM/index.htm

Robert Baron