My supervisor has asked me to find information on the trend towards using
"neutral terminology" in terms of BCE and CE instead of BC and AD when
designating dates. I checked the "CIDOC Guidelines for Museum Object
Information" on the AAM web site, and it basically just says to be
consistent in labeling. Are any of you aware of any particular movement
towards using the new terminology for labels in art museums? Thanks for any
help. I am new to this group, and I appreciate all the interchange of
information!

Ellen Rohmiller                    Phone: 937-223-5277 ext. 350
Chief Librarian                     Fax: 937-223-3140
Dayton Art Institute              [log in to unmask]
456 Belmonte Pk N
Dayton OH 45405-4700