Dear Colleagues,

Now that the wonderful conference in Baltimore is a memory, I ask you to
look forward to the New York 2004 ARLIS/NA conference which will be held at
the Roosevelt Hotel from April 1 through April 6.

In order to have another successful conference I need your help in
developing the program.  Please turn those wonderful ideas that you
discussed in Baltimore into a program proposal for next year.  If you
weren't at the conference but would like to attend next year, you should
also consider developing a proposal.  We would also like to receive
proposals from those of you who have good ideas but have never submitted
before.  Feel free to work with your colleagues to develop your ideas
collaboratively.

Although the New York Conference does not have an official theme, we are
looking for proposals in the following areas:  1) New York as a diverse and
international city and 2) issues based programming that will be of interest
to a variety of groups in ARLIS/NA.

The program committee for the NYC04 (Carole Ann Fabian, Ross Day, and
myself) is prepared to help you through the process.  Please let us know if
we can be of assistance.  Our contact information appears below.

You may submit your proposals in a number of ways:  electronically
(http://www.arlisna.org/proposals.html), by mail to my attention at the
address below, and by fax to my attention at (607) 255-1900.  The
submission deadline is May 5.

The program committee (Carole Ann Fabian, Ross Day, and myself) are happy
to help you think through your ideas.  Please let us know if we can
help.  We look forward to working with you.

Margaret

Ross Day
Associate Museum Librarian
The Robert Goldwater Library