Dear Colleagues,

The Criteria for the Hiring and Retention of Visual Resources Professionals has been recently revised to bring it up-to-date.  The original Joint ARLIS/NA ~ VRA task force with a couple of substitutions worked on this document during the fall of 2002 and the early winter of 2003.  The executive boards of both organizations have approved the revisions.  The revised document has been posted on the ARLIS web site (http://www.arlisna.org/criteria02.html) and on the VRA web site (http://www.vraweb.org/criteria2.htm); the original version is also still available at these sites.  CAA will publish this version soon.

My thanks to our colleagues who helped in this process.  They are:  Linda Bien, Concordia University (1995, 2002)
Norine Duncan, Ben Kessler, Kim Kopatz, Linda McRae, Martha Mahard, Christine Sundt, and Mary Wassermann.  Thanks also to the web genies who posted the document:  Jonathan Franklin (ARLIS/NA), Eric Schwab (VRA), and Astrid Otey (VRA).

Margaret

Margaret N. Webster
Visual Resources Facility
College of Architecture, Art & Planning