Dear AASL and ARLIS members,

        The AASL-ARLIS/NA Architecture Section, Architecture Library
Statistics Committee, is pleased to announce the Academic Architecture
Library Statistics web application.  The committee has been working for the
last year to define the statistical categories.  Recently, the statistics
have been turned into a web application.

        We are announcing this beta test version today in time for this
week's AASL annual meeting and next week's ARLIS annual meeting.  See
meeting info at:  http://www.library.njit.edu/archlib/aasl/meetings/ and
http://arlis2003.library.jhu.edu/.

        *** Please take time to view the stats application on the AASL web
site at ***

                *** http://www.library.njit.edu/archlib/aasl/stats/ ***

        Feedback -- both in the discussions at the annual meetings and via
the web page -- is much appreciated and sought-after.  Committee member
Jeanne Brown (UNLV), among others, will be leading the discussions at the
meetings.

        We want this site to be useful to *you*.  To that end, we are
attempting to design a high level of customizablity into the application.

        It is the committee's hope that this site will be a well-used site
for architecture librarians.  We can envision it being useful in preparing
accreditation reports, doing self-evaluations, conducting peer comparisions
for architecture deans and library directors, and submitting grant
applications.

        We hope to incorporate your suggestions for improvements to the
stats program in the months after both meetings.  Thanks in advance for your
support.

                                        --Jim (AASL webmaster), on behalf of
the committee

Committee members phase I: Jeanne Brown, chair, Judy Connorton, Dana Beth,
Kathy Brackney, Al Willis, Susan Koskinen

Committee members phase II: Jeanne Brown, chair, Judy Connorton, Dana Beth,
Kathy Brackney

Statistics web application: AASL web master Jim Robertson

Jim Robertson
Assistant University Librarian
Van Houten Library
New Jersey Institute of Technology