From Bill Walker, aka William Bond Walker, POB 237, Canaan,NY 12029

I have begun cataloging my own paintings on cards, and am casting about for a fairly simple program to catalog them online.  I looked into MS Access, and quickly decided that it is too complicated for me to tackle.  I need something I can acquire off the shelf.

My working template so far is reasonably simple:
                    [Should there be a unique number for each record?]
Date of work;  Title ; Medium; Dimensions; Support; Price;
Whether framed; dates of execution, if different from date on signature; Descriptive notes; Dates of photographs of the work; Places exhibited (this could get extensive, and possibly complicated to retrieve); Date sold, any notes on price, and name & address & phone of purchaser.
Several of the fields should be indexed, e.g. date, title,descriptive notes (e.g. "landscape", "abstraction", or maybe a more detailed description if the title is not indicative), places exhibited.    Others?     Is this the beginning of a can of worms, i.e. great complexity in the program?

I've omitted a field for "artist" since all work is mine; is it foolish to limit the program that way?

Has anyone worked with a program advertised in Art in America, "Working Artist; the artist's business tool"?
I have looked over their online info; it may offer more functions than I want, but maybe not.

I look forward to any comments you may have about your experience.

                                Bill Walker  [log in to unmask]