Från: Peggy Keeran [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Skickat: den 3 februari 2003 17:28
Till: [log in to unmask]
Ämne: [ARLIS-L] Art, artifact, museum practices

A student is in search of literature about museum practices in displaying
artifacts as art or as artifact.  She says the debate is between
anthropology and fine art curators - the former describe the pieces in
terms of their history and the latter in terms of aesthetics.

I tried a wide variety of approaches to this question, but feel I didn't
find anything showing a raging debate going on between these two
communities.  She found some references in AnthroLit Plus.

Can anyone point me to some literature on this debate?

Thanks!

Peggy Keeran
Arts and Humanities Reference Librarian
Penrose Library