Lu,
The June 1962, issue  #100 of Graphis magazine (also published as a book with Walter Herdeg as editor) was called The Sun in Art.  This might be a good source.

Anne Morris

Anne O. Morris
Head Librarian
Toledo Museum of Art
Box 1013
Toledo, OH  43697
tel:(419)255-8000, ext. 7379
fax:(419)255-5638

>>> "Harper, Lucy (MAG)" <[log in to unmask]> 02/06/03 02:53PM >>>
I have an artist looking for images of the sun (in the form of a circle with
wavy rays) of the sort in early prints.  We're not having much luck, so I'm
passing it on to all you wizards out there with the incredible visual
memories.  Any suggestions?

Lu Harper
Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester